Last week I beat MattDotRich in the Gridiron Challenge 86 to 67 and took the lead 1309 to 1305 overall. Don’t get me wrong, it was not a very good week for either of us, but a win is a win I suppose. Week 12 is typically the Trade Deadline for standard leagues so make sure to check out the Trade Analyzer if you are considering making a move. Looking forward to Week 12, I would consider adding the following waiver wire players:
- Kevin Smith (Det RB): Kevin Smith is the obvious name from Week 11 to think about adding to your team. He had 140 yards rushing, 61 yards receiving, and 3 total touchdowns against the Panthers. Kevin is available in 99.2% of leagues, but is only useful while Jahvid Best is out. I’d add him if you needed help in the short term at the RB position.
- Torrey Smith (Bal WR): If Torrey Smith isn’t already owned in your league, you should pick him up. He is by definition boom-or-bust, but his upside is off the charts. Even with Lee Evans back last week, Smith caught for 165 yards and a touchdown. He is available in 56.2% of leagues.
- Jabar Gaffney (Was WR): Gaffney had 7 receptions for 115 yards and a touchdown against the Cowboys. The bigger story is that he lead the team with 10 targets. Grossman and Gaffney seem to be developing chemistry of late, which bodes well going forward. If you are thin at WR, I’d consider adding Jabar who is available in 74.5% of leagues.
- Jerome Simpson (Cin WR): In A.J. Green’s absence, Simpson hauled in 8 receptions for 152 yards. The secret is out in Cincinnati, Simpson is the real deal. Even if Green is back next week, I would have Simpson on your radar.
- Christian Ponder (Min QB): Ponder is available in 91.6% of leagues, which should change after the rash of injuries at QB (Cutler, Schaub, Cassel, etc.). Christian has scored double digit fantasy points in 3 of his 4 starts. If you are really in a bind, especially in two quarterback leagues, you should ponder Ponder.